Welcome to the Town of Henniker Assessing Office. The primary function of the Assessing Office is to document the annual assessment (as of April 1st each year) of all properties located within the Town of Henniker to determine their market value for tax purposes. Other functions performed in the assessor's office include:
- Continuous update of property owners' names and addresses;
- Tax map updates and verification of deed histories and sales research;
- Administration of timber and excavation taxes;
- Administration of current use program;
- Administration of tax credits and exemptions; and
- the review and recommendations of Abatements.
If you are elderly, disabled, blind, a Veteran, or Veteran's widow/widower, have a solar energy system or a wood heating system or are unable to pay taxes due to poverty or other good cause you may be eligible for a tax exemption, credit, abatement, or deferral. For details and applications please click on the appropriate link on the right.
*If a deadline falls on a Wednesday, when the office is closed, documents should still be dropped off at the Town Hall or postmarked by the due dates.
|Corcoran Consulting Associates Inc.||Assessor|
|Helga Winn||Assessing Technician|