The Town of Henniker is announcing Trick-or-Treating is currently planned for Saturday October 31st from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
Henniker, NH - Today, the Town of Henniker is announcing Trick-or-Treating is currently planned for Saturday, October 31 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, town officials are reminding residents to take precautions if they choose to participate in Halloween festivities.
- Parents are encouraged to monitor and strictly enforce social distancing (6 ft. apart) and frequent hand sanitizing.
- Costume masks cannot replace an otherwise COVID-19 used face covering. Cloth masks are encouraged to replace the costume mask.
- Families should stay together and not integrate with other families. Congregating is highly discouraged.
- Do not encourage people from other communities to participate in Henniker.
- Households wishing not to participate should not participate. They may turn their outside lights off or otherwise leave signage on their door that they are not participating.
- Those choosing to participate in handing out candy should wear a face covering and should wash their hands frequently.
- Set up a table or bowl that can be refilled between visitors.
- Get creative with a driveway distribution point or other system that can maintain a minimum of six feet separation
- Do not allow visitors to reach into the treat bowl - use recently washed hands or consider using tongs to serve treats
As a reminder, participating in trick-or-treating is completely optional. The Town of Henniker is encouraging individuals to find safe ways to celebrate Halloween and hand out treats. Those who are at greatest risk of severe illness are encouraged to avoid high risk activities.